a procrastinator's ramblings

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Lift engulfment

"hey err i think im locked in the lifts"
"hahaha" my mate Alif responds with laughter
"ummm, no im pretty sure im trapped in the engineering tower lift"
"wohooo ho ho you are joking right!"
*bleep*
more laughter
"could you ring security and have them take me out?"
*bleep*bleep*
"no way you joking right" says my mate still chuckling
*bleep*bleep*
"nope im for real, im ..."
- silence -
My phone decides that it doesnt quite have enough battery charge to allow me to carry on this conversation. It was approximately 04:42 on a wednesday (18/05) morning.

Below is a picture of me walking out of the lift, taken by Alif for the amusement of everyone present.



Perhaps i should unreel my yarn from the start. The engineering staff common room at the top of the engineering school's tower setup a brilliant coffee machine. The staff common room is out of bounds to students save a selected few postgraduates.

Recently it was decided by the powers-that-be to remove after-hours student access to the tower lifts and staff office levels. This meant that altho us few providential enuf to have access to the staff common room (read as coffee machine) by day we could no longer indulge by night. This coffee machine was not your normal average coffee machine. No. This machine pours forth covetousness liquid - hot steamy smooth rich from freshly grounded beans.

The many years spent in the engineering building amongst acquiring certain other traits, hones ones survival and cunning. Most often not in any way beneficial way to the individual. The insane time spent on campus endowed me with an in-depth knowledge of the layout of the sprawling engineering campus. The CAD files we 'acquired' many years ago in order to create an Unreal map may have helped too.

Down into the belly of the building i ventured. Ah i found the door. Alas not the door that leads me out of the building, for which im still searching. I found something better. A door to the lift system without the security access restriction. I hit the button. The doors glided open and beckoned me in. The gears whirred taking me up the tower, promising pleasures of hot steamy satisfaction.
Then stopped ...

7 Comments:

  • That is an event I would have loved to have seen :) still going into places you shoudnt be huh ;)

    By Anonymous maxxi, at 7:52 am, June 03, 2005  

  • Probably should have welded the door shut, dropped you a laptop and feed you at intervals. More words churned out that way for you!!!

    By Anonymous leon, at 8:39 am, June 03, 2005  

  • well no surpirse it happened to izzy and such a indecent hour of the morning!
    You are a legend ISuRU
    - Rick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 am, June 03, 2005  

  • about bloody time mate! im surprised they even let you out of the building into the outside world. When are we going to see some Fernando, I style publications?

    By Anonymous andrew, at 7:19 pm, June 06, 2005  

  • aWww pOor tHiNg sPeAKiN of wHiCH wHeN are wE gOin 2 hAve u oUt n aboUt aGain. All WoRk n nO plaY aInt gOoD fOr iZZy

    'lis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 pm, June 09, 2005  

  • Only U Isuru could have managed to get in that situation...!!
    May be thats a sign telling U that U spend too much time in the building!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 am, June 13, 2005  

  • it was brought to my attention the use of "freshly grounded beans" to be incorrect. She just had to let me know *grin* cheers 'M'. Well, i wont be making any edits of my post, so im afraid it'll have to stay. Please dont knock my knee caps off!
    "freshly ground beans" it be ...

    By Blogger eyes, at 1:00 am, June 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home